Clean the counter top with warm water and a few drops of dish washing detergent or antibacterial detergent using a soft cloth.
Rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
If you spill something on your counter top, blot with a paper towel or soft cloth immediately. So do not wipe the area as this can spread the spill.
Flush the spill with warm water and detergent and rinse thoroughly.
Dry the area with a soft cloth. Properly sealed stone will repel most stains if the spills are cleaned promptly.
Hot cooking pots will not damage the surface, however extreme or constant temperature changes may harm your stone. Avoid leaving hot pans sitting on the counter for long periods of time, especially during the winter.
While granite is highly scratch-resistant, do not cut on it directly; use a cutting board.
If you find you have a stain that is not easily removed by following the above directions for spills, a “poultice” can be used to pull the stain from the stone. Stone poultice is a fine, non-acid, absorptive clay cleaning powder that removes deep-set oil stains, grease and light cement grout haze from polished and unpolished natural stone. The poultice may dull the shine of the polished stone. If this occurs, you will need to use a marble polish to restore the natural shine.